Improving the management of hepatocellular carcinoma: best practice and future directions
ILCA 2019: 13th Annual Conference of the International Liver Cancer Association
Independent satellite symposium
Chaired by Andrew Zhu with Peter Galle and Richard Finn
This independent symposium, led by an expert international faculty, discussed improving the management of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- Faculty take-home messages: videos coming soon
- Scientific summary with video highlights coming soon
The aim of the symposium was to enable participants to:
- Describe advances in the pathophysiology of HCC (including tumor microenvironment interactions) and how these may aid diagnosis and treatment
- Analyze the clinical trial data for current and emerging therapies for the first- and second-line treatment of HCC
- Debate how to integrate new HCC research and therapies into everyday clinical practice
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Imedex® and Springer Healthcare IME. Imedex® is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Imedex®, LLC designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The symposium and enduring materials are targeted at international healthcare professionals (including hepatologists, gastroenterologists and oncologists) involved in the management of patients with HCC.
This activity is supported by an education grant from Eli Lilly and Company.
Springer Healthcare IME.
The Campus, 4 Crinan Street
London, N1 9XW, UK
Telephone +44 (0) 203 192 2023